Natural Low Humidity EEC
Natural Low Humidity EEC to Study Dry Eye Syndrome and Contact Lens-Induced Dry Eye
Inflamax’s Low Humidity EEC suitable for Dry Eye research utilizes innovative technology capable of tight temperature, humidity and air flow controls. This controlled research model allows for the exacerbation of the signs and symptoms of dry eye by providing a consistent level of dessication to the ocular surface. The dry eye model can be used throughout Phase I-IV drug and device development .
The advantages of using our Natural Low Humidity EEC are:
- Increased sensitivity and reduced variability in endpoint measures
- Signs and Symptoms of Dry Eye are highly reproducible and clinically relevant
- Ideal setting to conduct onset and duration of action in dose-response testing.
- Allows for conduct of accelerated Proof of Concept (POC) and Mechanism of Action (MOA) studies upon which to make go-no-go decisions early on in drug/device development.
- Improved and timely collection of biomarkers and osmolarity analysis
- Capability to mimic visual tasking encountered in patients’ everyday lives
- Ability to incorporate novel ophthalmological imaging simultaneously
- Accelerating Contact Lens development with stress test of materials or marketing of lenses, lubricants or solutions
- Testing of other environmental irritants such as pollutants like Ozone and other parameters such as cold dry air, or high humidity to mimic tropical environments.
- Facilitates 100% patient compliance
- 24 Bed Phase I Unit for overnight ocular studies